A clinical research study for osteoarthritis pain

Posted on December 1, 2016

Does osteoarthritis give you HIP OR KNEE PAIN?

Local doctors need volunteers to study an investigational medication for osteoarthritis pain.

See if you may qualify by contacting our office.

Arthritis affects knees and hips

Arthritis affects millions of people worldwide. The most common kind of arthritis — called osteoarthritis — happens when the cartilage that protects the ends of your bones wears down. This leads to symptoms like pain and stiffness. Osteoarthritis can affect any joint in your body, including knees and hips.

Doctors are studying an investigational medication

Local doctors are looking for people with osteoarthritis in knees or hips for clinical research studies of an investigational medication being studied for pain. (Investigational means it is not approved for the public.)

If you qualify for this 21-month research study, you may have the opportunity to try this investigational medication. You may also receive study-related care at no cost to you and reimbursement for travel to the study site.

If you are interested, click the link to the online questionnaire to get started.

Contact our office to see if you qualify.

If you take part in the study, you may receive at no cost:

  • Investigational study medication or placebo for up to 56 weeks
  • Study-related care from a local study doctor

As part of your participation, if needed, you will also receive no-cost rescue medication, which is a medication for pain relief.

You may be eligible to participate if you:

  • Are at least 18 years of age
  • Have osteoarthritis in a knee or hip
  • Are currently taking medication for osteoarthritis pain

Health insurance is not required. The study doctor will assess other criteria to make sure that you are eligible to participate.

Facebook IconYouTube IconVisit Our LinkedIn Page